Friday, March 6, 2009

Luck of the Irish

Next week C will be running programming on St. Patrick's Day.   When I was looking up information about High/Scope I came across a novel St. Patty's Day craft: Scented Shamrocks.  I suggested this activity to C, especially because I have left over green Jello from when I made "worms in dirt" for our Halloween party - small container, layer of orange or green jello, drop gummie worm in, let chill, crush chocolate oreo cookies, sprinkle on top, add one more worm in the dirt layer.*

I will update about how this activity went if we use it.  I think it will be a success because the kids always like when we use materials in non-conventional ways.

* I don't usually advocate for unhealthy snacks, but Halloween is my favorite holiday and I think it's okay to indulge on occasion.  "Extra sweet and sugary snacks should be saved for special occasions."  

No comments:

Post a Comment